Electrical contractors are those people or organizations who are experts at performing special electrical projects. Their job begins right from the initial stage of constructing the entire electrical line from scratch. They generally design the whole line, install it and then afterwards do the maintenance job that is required. It hardly matters what sort of electrical job they do. But the most important thing that matters here is how well do they perform the given task.
Electrical contractors have to ensure that the whole line that they have created works efficiently and safely for human lives are involved here. If their work fails there can be loss and damage to the property also. And it is very important to note here that whatever work they do, they must conform to environmental safety also..
Types of Electrical Contractors:
You may think that all electrical contractors work everywhere. But in some countries, electrical contractors are divided into three categories:
- Inside Electrical Contractors – These are the people who work in the interior of buildings or houses and within the perimeter of the structure. They move no further than that. They install all the wiring and add the various components like the ceiling lights, electrical outlets and the patio lighting. Some of them even help in the laying out and designing of a new electrical line. And there are many who do the maintenance of the existing lines.
- Outside Electrical Contractors – They are also known as Linemen or line contractors. They basically work on the high voltage lines and transformers that disperse electricity from the electric grid to the buildings and houses. Linesmen do the installation, repair jobs and replacement of lines that have high voltage. Anything wrong with the line outside your house and these are men that electrical contractors send forth. They also repair and maintain the transmission equipments.
- Integrated Electrical Contractors – They are the voice/data/video electrical contractors. They allow you to work smoothly on your computer systems that operate with networks and data. They too work within the house and within the perimeter of your house. In today’s modern world you cannot do anything without such electricians.
Role Of An Electrical Contractor
Electrical contractors perform various roles like:
- They are responsible for producing a master plan for a new construction. They have to be there from the pre-construction stage itself to make the job foolproof
- They are responsible for getting the clearance from the authorities concerned
- They have to be thoroughly acquainted with the structure of the building and its electrical layout after which they make suggestions and improvisations
- They have to make a plan that is compatible with building codes and the current system
- They also have to install and maintain electrical and electronic wiring systems along with the equipments
- They have to take care of electrical failures in the building and get down to the root cause of the problem
- They should execute the work as such that there may be no accidents
- If a subcontractor is working under them then it is their responsibility to execute the work in unison with them
Wrapping It Up With The Benefits of Hiring A Professional
While closing you can say that there are many benefits of hiring an electrical contractors professional. Electrical contractors are not the same as electricians. While an electrician does the job of installing, repairing, maintaining and replacing individually, an electrical contractor is the one who lays down the master plan that is required for the project right from scratch and gather a team of well trained professionals to complete the job. So you must have by now understood why you need a professional electrical contractor for your new project.